Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Illinois.

Have you ever been involved in an auto accident caused by someone who does not have insurance?  If so, who will pay for your property damage and medical bills?  The answer is … your insurance company.  In Illinois, auto insurance policies are required to include uninsured motorist coverage “UM”, which covers your losses in the event that the person who hit you has no insurance.  Illinois currently requires that all insurance policies include a minimum of $20,000 in UM for injuries to one person and $40,000 in UM for injuries to all persons injured in a single incident.  You can increase your UM coverage.  Of course, this will probably increase your premiums as well.  

The lawyers at DeBlasio & Donnell are experienced personal injury and insurance attorneys.  To speak with one of our attorneys, call us Toll Free at (877) 646-9245 or via our website at http://dd-lawfirm.com/contact.php

 DISCLAIMER: This blog post is not legal advice and should not be relied on by anyone as legal advice in their particular situation.  Furthermore, while DeBlasio & Donnell LLC welcomes communications via its website, please be aware that communicating any information to DeBlasio & Donnell LLC or any of its attorneys through its web site or via any other method without a formal engagement with the Firm does not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship between you (or any other users, senders or recipients) and DeBlasio & Donnell LLC or any of its attorneys.  For your protection, please do not send us confidential information until you have spoken with one of our lawyers and received authorization to send that information to our Firm.  Thank you.