Oak Brook – based law firm (www.dd-lawfirm.com) is hiring an Executive Legal Assistant to manage our small law firm’s day to day operations and assist 2 attorneys in their law practice. Preferred skills include prior experience serving attorneys practicing in civil and business litigation matters, paralegal skills and all document preparation related to real estate closings. Salary commensurate with experience. We are a small law firm but maintain an active case load. Attorneys are easy going but highly focused on serving their clients. Law practice focuses on state and federal court and arbitration of civil and business disputes. Our current Executive Legal Assistant is moving out of state.
* Be extremely detail oriented and organized
* Be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced, high energy law practice.
* Have strong organizational, written and oral communication skills
* Be able to resolve issues proactively and timely.
* Have strong word processing skills in Excel and Word
* Be a team player, reliable, timely, self-motivated, and have a stable work history.
* Have prior experience serving attorneys focusing on civil and business litigation (secretarial / paralegal type functions)
* Have some paralegal skills (document organization, bates-stamping)
Additional Bonus Skills (Willing To Learn)
*Real estate paralegal skills (document prep related to real estate closings (not mandatory but preferred)).
* Timeslips (billing software)
* QuickBooks (accounting tool)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
*Managing all day to day operations of the law firm
*Legal secretary functions
*Client billing (Timeslips – easy to learn)
*Accounting for revenue and expenses (QuickBooks),
*On-line court filings
*Calendering / docketing court dates, meetings, case deadlines
*Client relationship management (intake, payment, scheduling)
*Performing a multitude of other tasks that help our attorneys focus on serving our clients rather than managing the day to day functions of the law firm.
Start date is April 27, 2015, but possibly earlier.
No health care benefits, but we offer 401(k) and flexible scheduling.
2 weeks paid vacation, plus 1/2 day Fridays in Summer (unless there is a client deadline).
How to Apply
Send via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org: Cover letter, current resume, salary history and 3 references whom we may contact (name, company and phone number) along with minimum base salary expectation.