David M. Gower
Tel. (630) 560._1114
After serving my country in the U.S. Navy, and my community as a prosecutor for multiple cities in DuPage County, I have focused my practice on the litigation and resolution of disagreements ranging from business and real estate disputes, to wrongful death and probate litigation. I also focus a large portion of my practice on estate planning (e.g., wills and trusts) and regularly speak at seminars on topics related to estate planning.
I’ve used my skills to benefit clients in several sectors, including, local governments, real estate investors, manufacturing businesses, not-for-profit and religious organizations, and start-up ventures. In the same way that no two people are exactly alike, no two cases are exactly alike. My goal is to get to know each client, their concerns, and the details of their case. This way, I can provide guidance that is tailored to fit the client’s specific needs and navigate them to the best possible outcome.
In my spare time, I enjoy doing whatever my wife and three kids want me to do, watching baseball, reading about history and ancient philosophy, and volunteering at church.
Reported Court Decisions
- General Ass’n of Regular Baptist Churches v. Scott, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 197422 (N.D. Ill. 2012) (obtained federal court judgment of $404,721.78 for religious organization against ponzi-scheme operator of stop-loss health insurer and defeated attempt to compel arbitration pursuant to Federal Arbitration Act).
- General Ass’n of Regular Baptist Churches v. Scott, 549 Fed. Appx. 531, 533, 2013 U.S. App. LEXIS 23099 (7th Cir. 2013) (federal appellate court affirmed decision in favor of our client refusing to force arbitration of fraud claim).
- Riemer v. Chase Bank United States, N.A., 274 F.R.D. 637 (N.D. Ill. 2011) (J. Cole) (federal court granted client’s motion to strike affirmative defenses asserted by Chase Bank in client’s Truth in Lending lawsuit relating to unauthorized credit card charges)
- Hartford Fire Ins. Co. v. Henry Bros. Constr. Mgmt. Servs., LLC, 877 F. Supp. 2d 614 (N.D. Ill. 2012) (J. Dow) (federal court granted construction management company’s motion to dismiss negligent misrepresentation claim).
- Kougias v. Ill. Dep’t of Human Servs., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 27324, 2011 WL 1004278 (N.D. Ill. 2011) (federal court granted motion for summary judgment defeating lawsuit filed by IDHS nurse alleging retaliation for exercising First Amendment right to complain about physician’s conduct at the Illinois Department of Human Services).
- Kougias v. Ill. Dep’t of Human Servs., 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 98864, 2012 WL 2920963 (N.D. Ill. 2012) (federal court granted motion to dismiss claim alleging denial of First Amendment right to exercise religion in the workplace).
- MKV Invs. LLC v. Sierra Consulting Inc., 2019 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 21515 (federal court refused to dismiss claim for specific performance filed by owner of commercial condominium against contract buyer that refused to close on purchase; favorable settlement after court ruling).