When you or a loved one is injured due to the negligent or reckless actions of another person or business, you can seek financial compensation for your injuries. By having an attorney on your side who fights for your rights, you can go toe-to-toe against the insurance companies.
At DeBlasio & Gower Attorneys, you can count on us to be by your side at every step. To learn more about how we can help, contact us at (630) 560-1123.
Types of Cases a Personal Injury Law Firm Handles in the State of Illinois
Personal injury cases can include any harm you experience to your physical body, emotional wellbeing, or reputation. The most common include (but are not limited to):
– Car, truck, bus, plane, motorcycle, bicycle, boat, and pedestrian accidents
– Medical malpractice
– Injuries at construction sites
– Product liability
– Premises liability (including slip and fall cases)
– Nursing home neglect or abuse
– Asbestos and mesothelioma injuries
– Workplace accidents
– Wrongful death
Why Choose Us for Your Personal Injury Claim?
In most situations, your claim will involve seeking financial compensation for your damages from an insurance company. It is important to keep in mind that the insurance company’s aim is to pay you as little as possible for your injuries, up to and including total denial of your claim.
When you choose DeBlasio & Gower LLC as your Illinois personal injury lawyers, you get these three major benefits:
- We have over 40 years of combined litigation experience to fight effectively for your rights.
- We have a successful track record of getting results for our clients.
- We work on a contingency fee basis, so you don’t have to pay a dime unless you make a recovery.
Potential Damages You Can Recover in a Personal Injury Claim
Every personal injury case is different, and we will work with you to determine what financial compensation you may be eligible to receive. The types of damages available to personal injury victims and their families may include:
– Lost wages. The time you have to take off work to recuperate from your injuries and seek treatment may be reimbursed.
– Future lost earning capacity. If your career is compromised as a result of your injury, you may be able to recover lost income.
– Retraining or education for a new profession. If you cannot return to your normal duties, you may be able to seek reimbursement for training in a new field.
– Medical expenses. Any bills you incur from your injury can be compensated for, including future treatments and therapies and expenses associated with your injury (for example, transportation to appointments, daycare, etc.).
– Pain and suffering. The emotional trauma and physical pain you’ve experienced may be compensable.
– Loss of consortium. Broadly defined as loss of companionship, any adverse change to a spousal or other legally recognized relationship as a result of the incident may constitute damages.
– Punitive damages. In instances where the person who caused the injury acted in a particularly egregious and irresponsible manner, further damages may be assessed as a form of “punishment.”
Get Help from an Experienced and Empathetic Illinois Personal Injury Litigation Attorney
We understand that the time following an injury can be incredibly difficult. We also know that you probably have a lot of questions about the best way to proceed with a claim. At DeBlasio & Gower LLC, our law office is prepared to help by offering a free case evaluation.
We work diligently and passionately for our clients. Contact us at (630) 560-1123 to discuss your next steps.